Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My experience of google adsense...(Blogger related material)

I am involved in a small charity, "the Haiti Tree Project".  We try to raise money to send to a couple of villages in Haiti so that they can plant trees and create a sustainable tree-based agriculture that helps reforest the country (we've planted over 10,000 so far).   As with most small charities, raising money is always the issue and so I thought I'd give google adsense a go.  For the uninitiated, google adsense is a program that will automatically insert ads into your blog.  You get paid when someone clicks on the ads.

I thought that this might be an easy way to make a few hundred dollars for the charity.  But, as my colleague Craig is fond of saying; "there are always tradeoffs".  I soon found that the ads that my blog was getting were either for gold investing or for MBA programs (not the one I teach in).  I didn't feel very comfortable with either of these ads and so I've stopped adsense.   I think I made $4.51 - which will plant a couple of trees!

Anyway, if you've been wondering where the gold ads have been coming from, rest assured that they won't be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on with inflation?

I recently posted an article on the Poole College Thought Leadership page titled: " What's going on with inflation?" .  This w...