Thursday, August 25, 2011

Advertising on my blog.

I was recently approached about putting an ad on my blog -  a first for me as a blogger!  But such a request presents a bit of a dilemma.  I maintain this blog primarily as a teaching tool - it allows me to collect and relay stuff that I think would be interesting for my students.  However, I sometimes update the blog during the day when I am at work and I think it would therefore be inappropriate for me to keep the proceeds of any ads.

Therefore I plan to donate all proceeds to charity.  I am involved in a small charity called The Haiti Tree Project.  We have a website www.thehaititreeproject.org and a facebook page .  The charity provides small grants to a couple of villages in Haiti so that they can raise trees in tree nurserys.  To date we have several thousand trees growing.  The trees are primarily fruit (mango) and hardwoods.  When the trees are big enough, the villagers can take them and plant them on their own land.  Ultimately the trees provide a source of sustainable agriculture that will provide an income for the villagers while reversing some of the effects of deforestation.

If you want to know more about the charity, go ahead and check out the pages above and feel free to contact me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on with inflation?

I recently posted an article on the Poole College Thought Leadership page titled: " What's going on with inflation?" .  This w...