Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Slightly off topic ... wine and music

As an academic, I spend a good deal of my time doing research. Usually on very exciting topics related to finance. But when I read articles like this I wonder whether I am in the wrong field.

Apparently some researchers in Scotland have found that different types of wine taste better when different music is played. It appears to be a very scientific study, a key finding was that:
The researchers said cabernet sauvignon was most affected by "powerful and heavy" music, and chardonnay by "zingy and refreshing" sounds.


I'm planning to do a follow on piece on beer and rock music. I'll post the results when I have completed the tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on with inflation?

I recently posted an article on the Poole College Thought Leadership page titled: " What's going on with inflation?" .  This w...