Thursday, March 26, 2009

B. School Profs say publishing in finance is the hardest.

I knew publishing in finance was hard - turns out business profs in other areas agree. A recent paper published in the Journal of Financial Education reports the results of a survey of business school academics.

One question asked "which field, apart from your own is the hardest to publish in?" All the other areas; Accounting, Marketing, Management, Operations etc on average said that "Finance" was the hardest discipline to publish in.

The study went on to explore why this is so. A couple of reasons were offered - there are fewer finance journals that are considered "A"s compared to other fields and the acceptance rate at these journals were lower.

I need to remember to leave a copy of this article on my dept head's desk! But in the meantime I better get back to trying to get my papers published....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's going on with inflation?

I recently posted an article on the Poole College Thought Leadership page titled: " What's going on with inflation?" .  This w...